Thursday, August 23, 2012

Late Summer Happenings

It has been a long time since last post so I have a few more pictures to post than normal. I'll start out with the Swainson's Hawk nest. Here are pictures of the 2 young that fledged. A nice healthy male and a fiesty female. This nest I found just outside of Peace River, and what I beleive this nest to be the most northern one in Alberta.



A here is a light adult male Swainson's I caught just outside fo Lloydminster


A couple pictures and a small video my brother-in-law Shayne from ISeeMotion Pictures made for me. This meant alot because this was my 10th and final year of Turkey Vulture tagging in Saskatchewan under Dr C Stuart Houston. This has been an amazing experience and I'm glad that I was able to participate for the full 10 years. My sister and nieces are in this video with me, Thanks Shayne it sure was a fantastic video!!! My last Vulture nest had an adult in the attic and I was able to catch it and tag it! This is a first ever in the 10 years of tagging nestling vultures.






Here is a second rufous morph Red-tailed Hawk I caught a couple of weeks ago.


While up at Haig Lake Fire Base I tried for owls after my day shift. Here is a juvenile Saw-whet Owl just transforming into its adult plumage.


A Boreal Owl caught 3 nights ago at Haig Base.










No comments:

Post a Comment